11 December 2008

What or who is STEEST?

When the idea of blogging suddenly hit me on 18 September 2008, I just sat down at my computer and began creating my own blog space. It didn't take me very long to think of a name, a rather unique one, since I had already formulated this word in my mind long ago. I'd fantasized about giving my home a name (for fun lah) and came up with this combination.

I didn't really think that anyone would even ask about my blog name, but ask they did! So I've decided to explain a bit. Little explanation needed really.

STE is from STEPHEN
EST is from ESTRELITA
I just combined those six letters!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, some of you nodding your heads now!

Simple and different, or so I think! Lovingly thought about too! Don't you agree?

Any couples out there want to give it a go with your names! Come on, be brave, share with us all in the comments!

My brother-in-law, Shunmugam and my sister, Esmeralda would be SHUESM! Or something like that lah. My brother, Antonio and his first love, Mary-Ann would be ANTMAR. It looks very like the "word verification" thing. Often, I just want to type that word in my comments too, also just for fun!

By the way, Zewt has an interesting story about his blog name! Read it here. I found his only after I started my blog, okay!! So we are both originals! I suppose!

Anyway, while on this, here's something interesting about our names. Hope you like it!












Now the question of why I use all three names when most people usually call me "Lita".

Well, Estrelita was the name given to me when I was born. It's mine! Soliano is the name of my dad, the late Tony Soliano and whose surname I used until I got married. Grosse (which rhymes with "was") is Stephen's surname. All are equally important and make up "me".

And "Lita," well, all my family and friends call me "Lita'. I've had to live through many variations of my name, some of which I've liked and some I don't particularly care for.

Here they are:
Estrellita (original spelling and means "little star" in spanish)
Escalator
Extralita
Estherlita
Litita
Tita
Lit
Ta (for the really lazy ones!)

Don't you dare add any to the list!! :) No, just kidding. Get creative!

As an afterthought, I'm adding this: Be kind folks! Especially those up north! You know who you are! hahahaha

20 comments:

STEPHEN FELIX GROSSE said...

To me, you are just BABY. Love you.

SFGEMS said...

Stephen Felix Grosse:
Love you too! So sweet!

de minimis said...

Hey! Cut it out. I thought this was a family blog :D

The mysterious blog name has finally been cleared. Wonderful tale.

SFGEMS said...

de minimis: This is a family blog! Hence the unbridled love!

Mystery solved! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah ha, just open the podorax box? Ok, heres to show off creativity ....
On Pronounciation perhaps?

Extra Little (Unique/Outstanding)
X-Star Leader
Extra Lethal
Australia teh? < In bahasa.
Extra litre
till Easter = Estrellita

Permission granted being playful, till now, no white hairs yet. Perhaps this will be good excercise, ha ha.
Have fun, no hard feelings, ya?
Good nite
rakyat@work

SFGEMS said...

rakyat@work: Permission granted mah!

I want people to have fun, to find something to smile about.

Let this be my contribution to a space for such playful creativity! :)

Argus Eye said...

Everyone seems to be in a jovial mood. Celebrating the release of some of the detainees? haha

siedne said...

Ah-hah! the minute i looked at your blog address (when u first shared the link) i had guessed that you combined your names! I was right, yay!

oh jared + denise = JaDeD. I like!!

Starmandala said...

Little Stars grow into Supernovas. Mr Grosse, I'm sure you take real good care of your Baby Lita... any guy who knows what's what certainly would! :-)

SFGEMS said...

Argus Eye: :) We can't wait for happiness to drop on our laps. We have to look for it wherever we can!

So did you smile! :P

SFGEMS said...

Antares: I have to think real hard to reply to your comment. I mean, how does one graciously accept such a lovely connotation!

Yes, I can verify that Mr Grosse does his job really well! :)

I guess I'll be smiling all morning now! :)

SFGEMS said...

Siedne: Those who know us, would probably have guessed it. Or maybe not! Clever Girl!

But your combination should be
JARDEN and if you shorten it, then it would be JADE. I imagine that mine would be STES then!

Either way, yours is nice! :)

Note: Had to delete and repost this comment. Saw an error! Sorry dear. Usually, I like to reply in chronological order.

Anonymous said...

My blog name would be almost the same as it is now if I combine my spouse's name with mine. DANIEL + EILEEN = DANEIL

Haha!!!

TheWhisperer said...

You are such a Romantic Soul, Ah Yin.

And now you may need to explain to your blog readers how Ah Yin come about. Har Har

You ah?

zorro said...

LIT(tle) STEP(s)....am I confusing anyone....blame it on Rafique Rashid last night at the Groove Junction. Salam darling. Will shoot off a prayer for you Jarod and Stephen when I visit the Rasa temple for power prayers tonight.

Pat said...

From all the lovely alternatives, he calls you 'baby'! That must be what you are to him :)

I like Litita best - so spanish-y; but think 'Extralita' suits you!

But agree with CT here: Get a room, you guys!

Me and Chuan? We're Patch! hahaha

Pat

SFGEMS said...

DanielYKL: Nice combination. It seems to be the same letters and only the pronunciation differs.

Thank you for your visit and contribution to this impromptu game.

TheWhisperer: Yin is a romantic soul. Now it's up to Yang to explain what this is all about! You ah? :)

Zorro: Salam to you too, darling! Thanks in advance for the prayers, never can get enough and always glad to know when people care.

On behalf of Stephen and Jared, terima kasih, sweetheart!

Patricia: I like Litita and Tita. The others are all forgettable ;)

About the room, what on earth are you all talking about? hahahaha

Patch is nice, isn't it? ;)

zewt said...

so you're spanish?

nice to have met.

by the way, i think i wouldn't want my photo to be up, hope you'll understand. but i dont mind having it though :)

SFGEMS said...

zewt: I'm of Filipino descent but buatan Malaysia! ;)

No worries about your photo, I respect your decision. What is more important is that you showed up!

Let me know where to send it to okay!

:)

zewt said...

can send it zewtness(at)gmail.com...

thanks!